Re: [Nautilus-list] Xft Anti-aliasing, Libart antialiasing?

On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 14:03, Keith Packard wrote:

> Around 16 o'clock on Dec 15, Moses Lei wrote:
>
> > Are you thinking of adding an option in XftConfig, or the API? XftConfig
> > makes more sense to me, that way you could do an edit hinting = false; or
> > similar...
>
> I'm going to add an additional font name field; this can be set by
> applications, within XftConfig or by the users themselves (depending on
> the application).  It will probably just be called 'hinting' and be a
> boolean unless people know of a standard enumeration I should use.

In that scenario, would it be possible to make the XftConfig setting
(or *an* XftConfig setting) a global override rather than a default?
I'm just envisioning a quarter of the applications forcing hinting, a
quarter of the applications forcing non-hinting, a quarter of the
applications making it a user option, and a quarter of them going with
whatever the default is.... :)