Re: [Nautilus-list] Xft Anti-aliasing, Libart antialiasing?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Moses Lei wrote:

> OK, silly me.
>
> http://mlei.mtmis.com/nautilus2.png
>
> nautilus.png was, in fact, a larger font than what was used in the
> original jpg. I forgot to match the font size again when I did the second
> screenshot.
>
> nautilus.png: Xft uses font size 11
> nautilus2.png: Xft uses font size 10

Another thing of note here is that the placement of the glyphs seem to be
slightly different. The Xft rendering seem to leave one pixel between each
glyph, while the Nautilus rendering doesn't leave any room between glyphs.
Well, perhaps fractions of a pixel...

Perhaps this is due to Nautilus doing subpixel placement of glyphs before
AA and Xft only having integer glyph positions? Or they may just be
interpreting the metrics differently.

/ Alex