Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Installation-time performerance preference

Laszlo PETER wrote:

> Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > Exactly, why not automatically determine that the computer is slow,
> > and automatically pick defaults? We can more look in /proc and get
> > more reliable info than asking the user anyhow...
>
> I like the idea, just don't use /proc... use something that is portable.

The GNOME docs team may disagree-- their approach is to document the
default behaviour of each application and the desktop, so if there's no
default behaviour, I suspect they will scream and scream and scream
until they're sick  :o)

Cheeri,
Calum.