Re: [Nautilus-list] Thumbnailing bug
- From: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>
- To: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: <nautilus-list eazel com>
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] Thumbnailing bug
- Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:50:46 -0700
On Friday, August 17, 2001, at 11:16 AM, Alex Larsson wrote:
I think the patch is correct, because with the patch the behaviour is:
1) look for local thumbnail, if exists and uptodate, just return it.
2) look for global thumbnail, if exists and uptodate, just return it.
3) Look if we can create a local thumbnail.
4) Else do a global one
5) Create it.
That sounds right, but what about all the other places where an is_local
flag is passed into make_thumbnail_uri? Are you sure this is the only one
In general, some Nautilus code confuses three separate questions:
1) Would it be fast to do I/O to this URI, so I can do it sync.
instead of going out of my way to do it async.?
2) Does this URI correspond to a file system path?
3) Is this URI a "local" on in the gnome-vfs sense.
I would like to straighten these out and untangle them as much as possible.
] [Thread Prev