Re: [Nautilus-list] Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com> writes:

> I found that there were  directories that I couldn't remove.  For
> instance, public_html or The  Nautilus directory or even the Evolution
> directory, I couldn't get rid of them.  These are directores I don't care
> to see because they serve no useful purpose on my desktop.

public_html is a hard one. Nautilus and Evolution should be
dot-directories, they annoy me in command line mode too. Or would if I
didn't have 500 disorganized things in ~ anyway. ;-) Since they are
only program-edited I don't get why I have to see them.

My guess is that tigert is right, for average users, making ~ the
desktop would be quite nice; they'd be able to find everything.
But it might annoy hackers a bit. And we've already discovered that
our current market is hackers and annoying them is sort of perilous.

Maybe a better approach would be to let you set which directory is the
desktop in some dialog, then we could experiment and maybe end up with
~ as default.

Someone file a bugzilla!

Havoc