Re: [Nautilus-list] naultilus thoughts and issues

On 2001.04.03 16:53 Alex Deucher wrote:
> 4. The window that nautilus puts over the root window
> when you set it to control the root window, is not
> really the root window, so apps that draw on the root
> window (xsnow, xfishtank, other hacks) can't be seen
> if you have nautilus set to control the root window.
> Rather they are running in the real root window behind
> the nautilus root window. Would it be possible to have
> it act more like gmc in regard to the root window?

Also using sawfish, you cannot click on the desktop
icons, sawfish menus appear instead.

Another suggestion: Put the whole lot of nautilus
helper applications (e.g.  nautilus-text-view) into
something like $prefix/libexec/nautilus, otherwise
they do what I would call filesystem pollution.

Regards,

--
Gérard Milmeister
Tannenrauchstr. 35