Re: [Nautilus-list] Debugging nautilus - a nightmare :-(

Martin Baulig wrote:

> Pavel Cisler <pavel eazel com> writes:
>
> > The gdb we use around here is:
> >
> > GNU gdb 19991004
> >
> > I believe it is on RH 6.2.
> >
> > It should work with the pthread backend fine.
>
> Hi Pavel,
>
> I'm now finally able to debug Nautilus :-)
>
> After hacking around a bit in nautilus-directory-async.c and increasing
> the limit of user processes from 256 to 4096 (!) it finally works in gdb
> if I start nautilus on a directory with only a few files in it (and I get
> about 200 threads), but it works.
>
> --
> Martin Baulig
> martin gnome org (private)
> baulig suse de (work)

Btw. I believe the 200 threads you are seeing aren't spawned all at the
same time, my bet is that at one time you will have more like at most 20
or so threads running at the same time.

Since it happens to be a performance issue, we are working on reducing
the number.

Pavel