Re: [Nautilus-list] Debugging nautilus - a nightmare :-(

on 10/12/00 3:01 PM, Darin Adler at darin eazel com wrote:

>> separation, please
>>>
>>> Bonobo bug. Michael says he's fix it soon.
>>
>> This is a nautilus bug; the one I fixed looked like this ( in the
>> wild ):
>>
>> Bonobo-WARNING **: non dirty node, but widget mismatch
>> a: 'control:AControl', b: 'toolitem:foo1' '0x80c4ca8'
>>
>> As this warning suggests, someone is trying to set a hidden
>> attribute on something without using the cmd / widget separation.
>
> Oops. Right! Fixing it now.

Wrong. See bugzilla.eazel.com bug 3582.

The message as stated indicates that we are trying to set the "hidden"
property on the tool bar button, which is conceptually wrong, but in fact
works.

However, the correct approach, setting the "hidden" property on the command
of the tool bar button, does not succeed in hiding the button. This must be
a bug in Bonobo. I sent mail to Michael about this on Tuesday.

John