Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus now requires FreeType2 to build

Mike Fleming <mfleming eazel com> writes:

> So I'm confused now--is the Debian package labeled "freetype2" really
> FreeType 1?
>
> (I'm trying to get this to work on my Debian machine as well, and am
> running into the same problems)

Well, at least it calls itself FreeType 1.3.1 - and in the Debian world
it's quite normal that the number after a library name has nothing to do
with the version number but is instead incremented each time a new,
binary incompatible version of the library is released (so that people can
instal both the old and the new version of the library).

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)