[Nautilus-list] Nautilus installer sucking memory

Installing Nautilus on my poor RH6.2 box with 96MB RAM and:

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT  LIB %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
17459 root      12   0 99824  52M  1180 D       0  7.7 56.8   9:09 eazel-instal

What is this thing doing?  Is it really using all that RAM or is it
leaking memory?  My system is grinding away to a screeching halt right
now.  I fear I may have to abort the install.

I did install Nautilus on my RH7 system at home.  The install went
smoothly (I used the hourly RPM builds) with the exception of a
libbz2.so.0 problem, which I symlinked to libbz2.so.1 and crossed my
fingers.

Stability isn't great.  Nautilus crashes frequently which means I can't
really use it.  Performance isn't great either.  I have a dual PIII-900
with 384MB RAM and certain things are sluggish -- in particular
selecting multiple files with the mouse, an effect similar to efm's
which performs adequately on my Celeron 375.  Yes, I know, it's a
preview release.  You're excused. :)

That said, Nautilus has a lot of really cool ideas, not to mention some
damn sexy eye candy.  (The anti-aliased TT fonts _really_ make a huge
difference!) I'd love to see Eazel succeed with Nautilus, so I'll be
filing plenty of bug reports, and generally helping out where I can.

Great work, Eazel!

Jason.