Re: [Nautilus-list] Quit/Desktop interaction

>     1) What should the name of the "get rid of desktop" menu item? Do we
> need an item like this right there in the right-click menu or should it be
> elsewhere?

'Remove Desktop Icons' - I thought of 'Remove Desktop' but that sounds
odd, 'Quit Desktop' or 'Shutdown Desktop' might make a user think it
shuts down 'X' entirely (which it doesn't).

>     2) Better name for the --desktop option?

--with-desktop? --with-root-window? --root-window? (the --with stuff
reminds me of ./configure scripts)

>     3) Should we have some way of explicitly creating the window pointing at
> the home directory, even when also passing the --desktop option?

You don't really need that i think. I always remember when GMC starts up
(for the first time), it opens up the GMC window - Its annoying, I always
close it. By default the desktop should be there, if I then want to open
the file manager, I can do it myself.

I mean look at the 'Mac' for example, when you start the desktop, it
doesn't automatically bring up a window pointing to the home directory.

Hrmmm, speaking of the Mac, doesn't it 'remember' what windows you had
open upon 'reboots' (couldn't Nautilus do the same, except remember upon
start-up/exit). That would be good for people who are totally new and use
'gdm' and an runlevel of '5' :)