[Nautilus-list] Something weird

While working on other stuff, I noticed the following:

Files that are not directories appear to have their own directory
metadata. It is always placed in ~/.nautilus/metafiles, i.e. the
alternate location. You can observe this by changing the view used for
a non-directory file (to Sample perhaps) and exiting.

Essentially, nautilus_directory_get will work just fine on a URI that
points to a file which is not a directory. This seems odd to me.

These sorts of things really ought to be set as file metadata inside
the parent directory. Perhaps we need some better abstraction for
referring to a URI's metadata independent of whether it happens to be
directory or file metadata.

 - Maciej