Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: GMC icons/text and future nautilus

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Sasa Ostrouska wrote:

> Dear Nathan !
>
>             I'm not a programmer I do not exactly know how to tell you
> how you have to define inverse. This was just an idea because
> every color has its inverse color. I do not know how to program
> this but I think it is possible if the selected color is black and
> it has an specific number there is also an inverse color which
> has another number I don't know exactly how this could be done
> but it will be very interesting I think.

The Mac way of highlighting is interesting(although not really
appropriate here) because it is efficient to compute(not under X, sadly).
Perhaps a similar idea could be used for icons(use the background, but
clamp the colours above a certain threshold to a fixed colour.

I don't think you need to be a programmer to think about these issues!
You say every colour has an inverse colour, could you give examples?  do
you mean that every fully saturated colour has an inverse?

njh