Re: [Nautilus-list] hardware view

Hi David,

    We were planning on implementing the hardware view using a gnome-vfs
component for the second release of Nautilus, which will allow it to work with
both the icon and list view.  Extensible, plug-in handlers for various types
of hardware devices also sounds great, but also very post 1.0.  The hardware
view is currently hard-wired because of wanting to have something ready for
our first release, which is slated for the end of August.

     What I'd like best is for you to help flesh out the current version for
the first release - it would be great to reflect disc drives and PCI cards,
for example, and then implement the extensible architecture for the next
version starting in September.  Or, if you don't want to help with the first
version, you could work on your new version in a separate component, so we
won't get caught in an interim state for our August release.

   I'll email you privately before doing any more work on the hardware view (I
was hoping to do a little more in a couple of weeks) to make sure that we
avoid conflicts.

-- Andy