[Nautilus-list] Re: removing gnome.m4 breaks nautilus

Robin * Slomkowski <rslomkow eazel com> writes:

> you removed gnome.m4 from gnome-libs.
>
> This macro is used by hack-macros and is used by
> nautilus and medusa, without it we cannot build in a clean
> area.  Where is the correct place for these macros to
> live if not in gnome-libs?  Can we move them to a new location?

Hi,

you were actually _using_ this macro ?

Ooops, hmm, now I really start to wonder how this macro from gnome-libs HEAD
goes by magic to gnome-common/hack-macros.

Eeeeek, shit, this is evil ..... /me fixes

Ok, this issue is now solved - it's now finally gone forever from gnome-libs
HEAD, but it's still there in hack-macros, so Nautilus and Medusa will still
work fine.

The problem was that gnome-common/hack-macros/gnome.m4,v was a symlink in the
repository to gnome-libs/gnome.m4,v - so when committing to the version in
gnome-libs I did not expect that it'll affect any other modules.

I replaced this symlink with an actual copy of the file and then cvs removed
the version in gnome-libs HEAD, so everything should work fine again.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)