Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Running nautilus, gconfd and oafd

Actually - I got the exact same errors as that Anthony got.

I had to copy the 'top' directory from $(prefix)/share/nautilus
to '.nautilus'

Also - Nautilus is 'hardcoded' to search for pixmaps/icons from
'/usr/share/pixmaps' (or maybe its  `gnome-config --prefix`/share/pixmaps)

If I do not have my pixmaps /usr/share/pixmaps then I get the following
errors:
GnomeUI-CRITICAL **: file gnome-pixmap.c: line 137 (gnome_pixmap_new_from_file): assertion `filename != NULL' failed.

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkWidget'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1424 (gtk_widget_show): assertion `widget != NULL' failed.

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 713 (gtk_container_add): assertion `widget != NULL' failed.

(note - I did set --prefix to /gnome)

Ignoring those two problems aside. I still had difficulties getting nautilis
to work. Nautilus segfaults on me with the following gdb backtrace:
0x806542a in nautilus_window_update_state (data=0x80cdde0) at ntl-window-msgs.c:760
760	                        nautilus_window_reset_title_internal (window, window->ni->requested_uri);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x806542a in nautilus_window_update_state (data=0x80cdde0) at ntl-window-msgs.c:760
#1  0x400cbf49 in g_idle_dispatch (source_data=0x8065104, dispatch_time=0xbffff6a4, user_data=0x80cdde0) at gmain.c:1364
#2  0x400caf96 in g_main_dispatch (dispatch_time=0xbffff6a4) at gmain.c:656
#3  0x400cb561 in g_main_iterate (block=1, dispatch=1) at gmain.c:877
#4  0x400cb701 in g_main_run (loop=0x80f4fa0) at gmain.c:935
#5  0x403d7569 in gtk_main () at gtkmain.c:476
#6  0x401cb676 in bonobo_main () at bonobo-main.c:90
#7  0x805fa2c in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff854) at ntl-main.c:101
(gdb) p window
$1 = (NautilusWindow *) 0x80cdde0
(gdb) p window->ni
$2 = (Nautilus_NavigationInfo *) 0x0

Apparently window->ni is 'NULL' so window->ni->requested_uri causes the SEGFAULT.
A 'temporary' work-around that I did was change line #759 in ntl-window-msgs.c from:
759                if (window->pending_ni != NULL) {
to the following:
759                if ((window->pending_ni != NULL) && (window->ni != NULL)) {

It stopped the segfault - and now I get no errors on startup. Just one problem
though. I run nautilus - It doesn't do anything (there are none of the
notes/search/history stuff in the 'left' pane. I just have one 'title' in the
left pane that displays 'aliabdin' (from /home/aliabdin I assume).
The 'location' part is blank. I try putting '/home' or '/usr' in the Location
field but the 'title' in the left pane is what only changes. No icons appear
or anything. I also tried something like 'file:///home' with no success.

This has me stumped. Any suggestions/help?