Re: [Muine] warnings and errors with muine cvs

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 21:46 -0800, Peter Johanson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 05:06:42PM +0100, Joachim Beckers wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 16:53 +0100, Joachim Beckers wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to build muine cvs, but there are some problems. The
> > > showstopper is this:
> > > # ./autogen.sh
> > > [...]
> > > libmuine/Makefile.am:35: HAVE_GST_OLD does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
> > > #
> > >
> > > I'm not sure what's wrong here. I've checked that HAVE_GST_OLD appears
> > > in AM_CONDITIONAL, and it does... Is there something I've overlooked wrt
> > > the gstreamer changes made earlier?
> > >
> > > Other warnings it spits out are:
> > <snip>
> > > and:
> > >
> > > m4/vorbis.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of MM_PATH_VORBIS
> > >   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
> > >   or see
> > > http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> > > m4/ogg.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of MM_PATH_OGG
> >
> > It turns out that fixing the second error above, also fixes the first
> > one.
> >
> > The fix is to put [] around MM_PATH_VORBIS at m4/vorbis.m4:9 and around
> > MM_PATH_OGG at m4/ogg.m4:8.
>
> Do you know if this bumps the automake/aclocal version requirements at
> all, etc, etc? (My autotools foo is fair to midly, by no means
> 'strong').

According to http://sourceware.org/ml/automake/2003-12/msg00023.html the
"underquoted definition" messages have been around since automake 1.7h,
the latest beta before 1.8.

Right now, we're requiring automake >= 1.7 to build muine cvs. *If* this
change would bump the requirement, it would bump it to automake >= 1.8.

What we need to do is try to build muine cvs on a system with automake
1.7. If it builds, no bumping is needed.

Can anyone with access to a automake 1.7 install check this out?

joachim