Re: [Muine] CoverDatabase proposal

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 02:38:51PM +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> Hmm, I don't think I ever said that outside of a brainstorming context, but OK:)
> Anyway, the whole business of downloading cover images should be in the tagger
> app. That includes the amazon thing, as it is a management task.

Although I agree that a tagger app should do things like downloading
album cover art to put with the album (or put in a tag), I
wholeheartedly disagree that this means it should be removed from muine.
Until every single ripper out there downloads the cover art for me,
there will be ablums I import that have no cover art. No, i don't want
to load up a tagger just so my properly tagged (wrt to album, artist,
whatever) albums have cover art show up. To me, that's part of the *listening*
experience at that point, and that's what muine is about for me. a good
listening experience (that includes my interaction with the player).

my $0.02

-pete