Re: [Muine] ANNOUNCE: Muine 0.8.0

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 20:16 +0100, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 19:46 +0100, Gábor Farkas wrote:
> > Jorn Baayen wrote:
<snip>

> > btw. 'once we have proper inotify support'...what's needed? i assume an
> > inotify-enabled kernel (shouldn't be hard to have one), and? does mono
> > support inotify already? will muine be needed to have special support
> > for inotify, or it happens automatically via some listeners?
>
> I believe gnome-vfs has inotify support already. So all we need is
> working gnome-vfs bindings. They are actually pretty much there already,
> we're just waiting for a new mono 1.0.x release, which will have a
> bugfix which will make the gnome-vfs bindings in gtk# work.
>
> Jorn

Jorn, can you just clarify for me, is inotify support going to be
implemented directly in Muine (like with Beagle which I believe
interacts directly with inotify) or is it being included in gnome-vfs or
Mono and Muine will interface with inotify through those libraries?
Inotify is Linux specific and a problem for FreeBSD.  I have a patch for
Beagle to use something similar provided by FreeBSD which was written by
someone else.  I'm just waiting to get up to speed with C# (going slow
but I should be up to speed soon :-/) to include support for FreeBSD.  I
just want to know where I'm going to be patching.  Thanks.

Tom

--

BSD# Project - Porting Mono to FreeBSD
http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?bsd-sharp