Re: [Muine] CD burning

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 12:09 +0000, Matthew Kay wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 00:26 +0200, Yo'av Moshe wrote:
> > AFAIK the burning patch doesn't going to be commited, but I think that
> > the new plugins system can be the place for it.
>
> Just wanted to add a voice of support for this feature for my favourite
> music player - I'm glad that there will be an option for CD burning in
> the future. I was disappointed to see it under the 'Never' list in the
> TODO on the website; I understand the wish to prevent muine getting
> feature-bloated, but I really don't think it's correct to say that there
> is a better standalone tool for AuidoCD-from-mp3/ogg-burning. Muine's
> playlist-based UI would make creating Audio CDs completely intuitive.
> Last week I was making a compilation CD for someone and the best I could
> come up with was renaming all the tracks so they were in the correct
> ASCII order and using the command line ogg2wav && burn, or ogg2wav &&
> using xcdroast, which is really complexity overkill for this sort of
> operation.

The muine playlist is, well, what is in the word "playlist"- a list of
songs to be played. It does not have any sorts of checks whether it will
fit on the disc, etc etc. In my opinion it would be a lot cleaner to
have a separate burning app. From muine CVS (0.8.0 to be released soon)
it is possible to drag both songs and whole albums (as uri lists), so it
is possible to drag them to a burning app. I also plan on adding the
possibility of dragging the playlist as a whole from the "playlist"
label.

> What version of Muine is the first to support this plugins system?

0.8.0, which is soon to be released.

Cheers,