Re: [Muine] album/song suggestion

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 17:23 +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:

>> >This depends on how you tag your files..
>> >
>> >I listen to a lot of classical music as well, and tend to put the
>> >composer into "artist" and performers into "performer".
>>
>> Perhaps we could tack on a db item "extradata" which just stores just a
>> raw string of extra tag data like composer, publisher, etc, which won't
>> appear, but will be included in the search queries in the add song
>> dialog.
>
>Strikes me as gross performance and memory waste for the vast majority
>of users ..

Really? For the majority of songs, this extra data would be nothing,
even a nullified string variable, then tacked on to the search key in
GenerateSearchKey. For the most part, this change should do next to
nothing memory and performance-wise, especially considering those fields
aren't typically set arbitrarily.

- Brian