[Muine] album/song suggestion

Hello,

(This should probably be a reply to "A few suggestions" but I just
subscribed to the list so I don't have it in my mail. Sorry...)

It seems like one problem is the separation between albums and songs. A
separate problem that I have is that I listen mainly to classical music,
where the most important piece of information is the composer/artist which
is not shown in the playlist. Also often one album will have many many
tracks, which makes the playlist very long.

My suggestion is for lists of music: have a list item with artist and
title and a picture of the CD, and below that, list each track on a
*single* line. So you're listing individual songs, but grouping by album.

Something like this:

******* J.S. Bach
**pic** Goldberg Variations
*******
*******
Aria
Variation 1
Variation 2
Variation 3. Canon On The Unison
Variation 4
etc.
Variation 30. Quodlibet
Aria Da Capa
******* Beethoven
**pic** Symphony No. 9
*******
*******
Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestroso
Molto vivace
Adagio molto e cantabile
Presto
Presto

Perhaps the length of the track could be listed on the right. If there's
only a single song from an album, you could just put the song name in the
list item for the album.

Either the entire album could be selected, or individual tracks can be
selected.

If there is a good way to show and hide the individual tracks (perhaps
only show tracks when the album is selected? Or on a search which matches
tracks...) then the "Play Song" and "Play Album" windows could be merged
to "Select Music" or something. Also this would help with my problem of
having a really long playlist.

Another unrelated suggestion: one of those rotating arrow widgets to
show/hide the playlist in the main window would be convenient, so that I
could leave Muine up but not take up too much screen space.

Anyway, Muine is already pretty nifty. Thanks!

Justin