Re: [Muine] My own little rant

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 10:38 +0100, iain wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 11:03 +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:
>
> > - The album key is "dirname:album name" because of the following
> > reasons: (I should add a comment in the code ..)
> > We cannot do artist/performer matching, because it is very common for
> > albums to be made by different artists. Random example, the Sigur
> > Rós/Radiohead split.
>
> So my proposal comes up as
> "sigur-ros radiohead ba ba"
> which I don't see a problem with?
> At least none better than
> "home/iain/Media/Music/Sigur-ros+radiohead/ba-ba ba ba" which would be
> what it the current way.

Having looked more into this, I can see the issue now. However both our
ways don't work given the right situation. Mine won't work if you have a
strangely tagged mp3
(I would consider your split sides example badly tagged, but that is
semantics over what the artist tag refers to, the song or the album)
and yours breaks if there's multiple albums called the same thing in the
same directory.

whatever, in my passive agreesive nature, I'll probably not care in a
day.