Re: [Muine] My own little rant

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 11:03 +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> - I really think the real solution to these kind of problems lies with
> correctly tagged files, however not as Viet Yen suggests spending days
> in easytag as installed by the sysadmin ;) What I'd like to see at some
> point is a decent tagger with musicbrainz and amazon integration, which
> should allow it to automatically and correctly tag most mp3s flawlessly.
> It surely won't be able to fix all, but the few remaining should be
> doable by hand- or just ignored.

Incidentally the existing Amazon code should provide a solid base for
this (In fact we already get track listings returned from Amazon, check
out the contents of pi.Details.Tracks[]). Whether this is useful for
tagging or not is a matter for debate since they seem to be under the
impression that the only things you need to know about a track are track
name and artist. There doesn't seem to be scope for performers or the
suchlike ...

Lee