Re: [Muine] iRadio mockup

Link Dupont wrote:

Jeremy Jay wrote:

Jorn Baayen wrote:

- You can't pause radio streams, only stop them
If you were listening to a really good song on the iradio and got a phone call, the pause would definately be useful in order to continue listening to the same song. I would imagine an simple implementation would just extend the buffer and continue receiving while paused... I dont know about this in practice tho... just a thought

I wouldn't expect this to be the normal behavior of a radio app though. Regular radio stations don't allow pausing. I think the stream should just continue. The extended buffer may be more trouble than its worth. It would be a nifty feature, but its counter-intuative to what a radio tuner would/should do.
This probably won't be all that popular, but since we're talking about mp3 streams, and buffering, how about adding some stream-ripper type abilities so you can save a clip of a song. So you won't have to deal with pausing, you'd just save what's left of the song, or save the next song? This could be illegal in the states, but at present in Canada it is not.

Also another really neat feature would be a played "history". A drop down menu, or something to see which songs have recently been played. Artist/Song/Album and what-not displayed with song time, and attempted links to said artists on amazon.com or the allmusic.com guide. When I buy my music, I don't want to continually check the name/artist, and it would awesome if I could just call up a history.

Just a controversy and a thought...
--Andrew