[Muine] "Small mode"

Whilst suffering from a cluttered desktop this evening I came across a thought and thought I'd throw it out to see what people think.

I think muine should have one, maybe two, different "views", or "modes".

Mode 1 - Small mode
This is aimed at users who want to keep their player on their desktop permanently, but want the screen estate used to be minimum. It should support the "key" features for listening to music, a prototype (GIMP'd up, no working code yet - sorry!) is available at http://www.leewillis.co.uk/muine/muine_small.png

The key changes are:
- No "add song", or "add album" button
- No playlist information
- No menu bar
- It would probably need an "exit small mode" button which I haven't added, but should be fairly easy to fit in ...(Maybe replace the volume button?)

It produces a nice compact player for when you've already added music to your playlist, and just want to listen, but see what's playing ...

Mode 2 - Panel mode
This follows the same principles as above, but is actually a panel applet. Changes probably required in addition to those above would be:
- Show smaller album image (Scaled according to panel size)
- Scroll song title, rather than display statically

I haven't mocked up this second item yet, just dumping some ideas out to see what people think.

Would one, or both, of these be useful?

Also, as a quick further suggestion, should muines WM icon be a smaller version of the album art, not the generic icon?

Thoughts welcome ...

Lee