[Muine] Testing GFC (GirlFriend Compliance)

Hi All!

Since my girlfriend is staying at my place over the weekend,  and will want
listen to some music / surf the web / whatever, I showed her the Muine icon
in
my taskbar yesterday evening.

Here's two bug reports.

But first of: the basic idea behind the UI is absolutely GFC.

Exception: functions contained within menus (i.e., not immediately visible
but
having to be explored). Namely "delete song from playlist" and "clear
playlist"
seem to be missing from the UI for her. Anything else is "advanced stuff",
so
that doesn't matter.

[Disclaimer: My girlfriend is an occasional Windows XP user who hasn't seen
 Linux before, not mentioning the look over my shoulder into a console-only
 Slackware system on my 486 notebook. She also is not fluent in English.]

Now for the bugs. Two nasty ones (I'd like to apologize in advance if
they're
already known to you). Number one: had her start Muine, asked her to select
some music (she immediately clicked the "Play Album" button (twice, but who
cares). Next she selected an album alright (she went for the Dance Of The
Vampires soundtrack, hopefully I'm not in danger), and I had to hint her
that
"Play" was probably the thing she wanted although she could also click
"Queue"
instead, and what the difference was. Muine began playing, just nothing from
"Dance Of The Vampires" but instead some different song I've in my
collection,
totally unrelated. I took the mouse and tried some other songs from the
playlist,
all of which would cause Muine to start all over with this totally unrelated
song.
Just leave it, I thought and closed Muine down in order to restart it...

...which brings us to bug #2. Because, after restarting it, Muine didn't
play any-
thing anymore. Tried restarting it a couple of times. Nada. Niente. Nuescht.

Bug #1 I haven't been able to reproduce, unfortunately. To my shame, Bug #2
occurs frequently with Muine 0.4.0; I could've reported it earlier.

Tell me if you need any additional information to pin this down. If it is
fixed in
CVS, could you maybe post a patch or something to this list Jorn? (Since
your
CVS server appears to be down for quite a while...)

Best regards from Germany,
Raphael

--
Raphael Schmid