Re: [Muine] Song information dialog

Time to clean up these quote blocks. This is getting ridiculous.

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 16:18, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > > I have no strong opinion here..
> > >
> > > I think that when you are listening to a song there is no need to know
> > > what genre it is, as you know what kind of music you are listening to
> > > already anyway..
> > >
> > > Also, I find genre information rather useless myself.. I have a lot of
> > > music that could be categorised as either progressive rock,
> > > instrumental, or jazz, or whatever more.. so whats the use then ..
> > > Of course, it works pretty well if you have a collection composed of
> > > both Mozart and trance, but I tend to think that's pretty rare ..
> > >
> > > But if the tag carries any real value to people I don't mind adding it.
> >
> > Good points about genre. It really is something I could live without. I
> > just use it because its there.
>
> The fact you use it does imply it has some use. What do you use it for
> exactly?

I primarily use genre tags because Rhythmbox will search by it, allowing
me to, say, play all my JPop music (rather than me search for: Maaya
Sakamoto, Ayumi Hamasaki, Hitomi, Mai Kuraki, Yoko Kanno, Yuki Kajiura,
Utada Hikaru). I agree that the Genre tag should be multi-faceted
though, like GENRE=JPop,Trance or something.

> This isn't a mockup I'm attaching, but a screenshot of CVS. This is just
> to show what the GtkTable layout looks like. This is not at all what the
> end result will look like ..  hopefully, anyway ..

Yes, I can see your point about end result. But its definetely a start.
What if I don't have the complete album? I think there needs to be a way
to differentiate between Album info & individual song info. Maybe with a
clickable "link" between the two?
--
Link Dupont <link subpop net>