Re: [Muine] Re: XDG Base Directory Spec

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 12:12, C. Gatzemeier wrote:

> What about this:
> User (or localized scipt) creates folders as he wants and can specify them for
> certain uses (music, mail, etc.). All this does is defining a corresponding
> environment variable apps can check for defaults, legacy programs will work
> as always.

Indeed a better way. Although I believe an environment variable is not
really nice, this is something I believe would be better to put in
gconf.

But I do believe that the user should be confronted with the principle
of default folders, like Documents, Music, Playlists and such. This to
become aware of these special folders and to ask the user for an action.

> I don't think "My Anything" with a space is a good idea. And starting
> everything with "my" does not seem very clever to me either.

Me too.

Viet Yen