[Muine] Re: XDG Base Directory Spec

Am Sonntag, 8. Februar 2004 21:33 schrieb Andrew Sobala:
> On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 20:00, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

[Personal Dir Specs]

> It's possible. The argument against would be that:
>
> a) Legacy programs won't show the translated name, and
> b) Terminals won't show the translated name

What about this:
User (or localized scipt) creates folders as he wants and can specify them for
certain uses (music, mail, etc.). All this does is defining a corresponding
environment variable apps can check for defaults, legacy programs will work
as always.

I would not recomend forcing or annoying any user with fixed folders in his
home directory. It's just as in your real home.

All the best,
Christian

BTW
I don't think "My Anything" with a space is a good idea. And starting
everything with "my" does not seem very clever to me either.