Re: What would you do to encourage application developers on GNOME Mobile?

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 17:29 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Even if it isn't, GTK+ apps on Harmattan is doable, though they would
> > never be quite right. So it seems very worthwhile to let our apps at
> > least run reasonably on a (probably) widely-distributed consumer
> > hardware platform, without people having to reinstall their entire OS.
>
> Obviously I haven't seen Harmattan yet, but since Harmattan = MeeGo 1.0,

Sure? Not very sure, I guess.

> and GTK+/Clutter is part of the core supported MeeGo platform,

I don't think that's been said. Certainly not clearly. I wouldn't bet on
it at all.

All the public announcements about Meego are incredibly vague so far,
just like any other not-yet-implemented cross-company industry
announcement. Harmattan, on the other hand, is fairly clear about it's
intentions.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com