Re: What would you do to encourage application developers on GNOME Mobile?

Hi,

Murray Cumming wrote:
> Even if it isn't, GTK+ apps on Harmattan is doable, though they would
> never be quite right. So it seems very worthwhile to let our apps at
> least run reasonably on a (probably) widely-distributed consumer
> hardware platform, without people having to reinstall their entire OS.

Obviously I haven't seen Harmattan yet, but since Harmattan = MeeGo 1.0,
and GTK+/Clutter is part of the core supported MeeGo platform, won't
GTK+ work and be supported already on Harmattan?

It seems to me that we're better off, as I said, either investing in
making GNOME development more fun in terms of tools, or having some kind
of competition to get as many apps as we can ported to Harmattan as soon
as possible after the release.

Cheers,
Dave.

--