Re: Organising an ARM performance drive?

2009/11/4 Mike Turquette <mturquette gmail com>:

> Do any GNOME benchmarking tools exist?  If so start with those.  I
> agree that the ARM benchmarks need to be compared to x86 for any sort
> of real relevance.  Is there a GNOME performance/benchmark/tools team
> or project that we can get help from?  Having to write the tests and
> do the testing is a lot of work to have to commit to.

There are cairo-trace (with --profile mode) and cairo-perf-trace for
2D performance test.
They are available from the git development tree and in the 1.9.2
snapshot but they are also planned for inclusion with Cairo 1.10.
Take a look at this blog post [1] and the official FAQ: [2]

You have sysprof [3] too.

Also, there already is a performance team in Gnome [3], you can see
there a list of other tools and some interesting articles.

Best regards,

[1] http://cworth.org/intel/performance_measurement/
[2] http://cairographics.org/FAQ/#profiling
[3] http://live.gnome.org/Sysprof