Re: [Fwd: [Announce] Intel and Nokia announce open source telephony project (oFono)]

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 10:56 +0300, Aki Niemi wrote:
> ti, 2009-05-12 kello 17:55 +0200, ext Nils Faerber kirjoitti:
> > But as an application developer I would like to be able to query the
> > telephony stack for available call sinks and then either automatically
> > choose the most appropiate one or give the user the choice (think of
> > GSM, SIP, Skype, XMPP-VoIP, etc.). I think this is something that FSO
> > has provisioning for.
>
> If that's the sort of thing you're looking for, then I'd suggest looking
> into Telepathy. There is no reason that Telepathy couldn't also
> integrate with oFono in the future.

Agreed.  If FSO has plans to support all methods of voice communicating,
then it is re-inventing the wheel because telepathy has this already.  I
can't see a reason why there can't be a FSO or oFono based connection
manager in Telepathy responsible for setting up GSM calls.

Ross
--
Intel Open Source Technology Centre
http://oss.intel.com/