Hacking the GPL v3

Hi all,

I thought this might be interesting to some of you, given hardware manufacturer's general views on GPL v3 (via Quim Gil in Twitter):

"Canola Project’s GPLv3 Permissions are Worth a Look - Zemlin's Blog"
http://www.linux-foundation.org/weblogs/jzemlin/2009/06/01/canola-project%E2%80%99s-gplv3-permissions-are-worth-a-look/

This kind of reminds me of those kid jokes where you asked what you'd wish for if you had one wish, and the "right" answer is "100 wishes"...

The short version is, Canola has added a Section 7 (which is GPL v3 compatible according to Jim Zemlin) which says "you don't have to abide by the tricky bits of section 6".

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary