From: mobile-devel-list-bounces gnome org [mobile-devel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Dave Neary [dneary gnome org]
Sent: 30 June 2009 18:07
To: GNOME Mobile
Cc: GMAE
Subject: Mobile line-up for GUADEC

Hi all,

After some wrangling, we have a fairly spectacular mobile-related
line-up for Gran Canaria this year - including a full mobile day track
which I talked about before, but which has seen some changes recently.
In particularly, there are now two additions related to Moblin, one
concerning the synchronisation software which Intel recently made public
  (Monday, 10:00) and another related to the design of the Moblin user
interface (Wednesday, 12:00).

Here's all of the GNOME Mobile related content throughout the
conference, highlighted for your pleasure. There is especially huge
amount of mobile platform related content in the cross-desktop track on
Sunday morning, although given that our goal here at GNOME Mobile is to
have our normal desktop platform be usable in mobile platforms, and to
achieve that goal we are standardising and moving to well defined
interfaces as much as possible, perhaps that is not unexpected.

As I said to you before, this is GUADEC, it is very much technology
oriented, and this is absolutely the best place to go to see the present
and the future of the GNOME platform. It is also a great opportunity for
us to gather a critical mass of mobile platform developers together in
one place, and figure out what needs to happen to the platform for
mobile in the near future.

I'd like to get an idea how many people I should expect for the mobile
BOF at the end of Wednesday so I'd appreciate it if people would let me
know off-list if they're planning on attending.

Thanks!
Dave.

And here, without further ado, is the Mobile Related Gran Canaria
Desktop Summit schedule.

Saturday July 4th: http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/239

Morning (around 11am):
Keynote: Walter Bender, Sugar Foundation

Afternoon:
15h: Quim Gil, Nokia: Maemo Harmattan architecture: Qt and more

Sunday morning July 5th (cross-desktop track):
http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/265

10.00 - 10.30:  State of Text Rendering
                Behdad Esfahbod

                Audio on the Free Desktop
                Lennart Poettering

10.30 - 11.00:  Tracker: Metadata central storage for the Desktop
                Ivan Frade

                Toward GStreamer 1.0
                Jan Schmidt

                Power management
                Matthew Garrett

11.30 - 12.00:  The location-aware desktop
                Henri Bergius and Pierre-Luc Beaudoin

                ConnMan: New Connection Manager
                Marcel Holtmann

                Animated UI technologies in maemo 5 (Fremantle)
                Kate Alhola

12.00 - 12.30:  Bluetooth on Linux: the saga continues
                Bastien Nocera

                WebKit combined GTK+/Qt talk
                Simon Hausmann, Alp Toker, Holger Freyther

12.30 - 13.00:  Profiling and Optimizing D-Bus APIs
                Will Thompson

                Integrating VideoConferencing into Everyday Applications
                Olivier Crete

Sunday afternoon July 5th (GUADEC):
http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/268

17:00 - 17:45:  Sipping Mojitos and thinking RESTful thoughts
                Rob Bradford

17:45 - 18:30:  State of Clutter
                Emmanuele Bassi

Monday July 6th (GUADEC): http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/269

10:00 - 10:45:  WebKitGTK+
                Xan Lopez

                Synchronization: From the SyncML Protocol to Free and
                Open Implementations
                Patrick Ohly

12:00 - 12:45:  Modest: Creating a modern mobile email client with
                gnome technologies
                José Dapena Paz

15:45 - 16:30:  Vala: Compiler for the GObject type system
                Jürg Billeter

Tuesday July 7th (GUADEC): http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/270

10:00 - 10:45:  The Hynerian Empire and beyond
                Zeeshan Ali

                Cally: Clutter Accessibility Implementation Library
                API

11:00 - 11:45:  Building complex UI animations in Clutter 1.0
                Chris Lord

12:00 - 12:45:  Personal Media Networks with Coherence and
                Telepathy D-Tubes
                Philippe Normand

                Glitter Widget Toolkit
                Jan Jokela

Wednesday July 8th (GUADEC - Mobile Track):
http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/271 - not yet up to date

10:00 - 10:45:  Hildon: new GTK+ widgets for mobile devices
                Alberto Garcia Gonzalez, Alejandro Garcia Castro, &
                Claudio Saavedra

11:00 - 11:45:  Multimedia in your pocket
                Stefan Kost

12:00 - 12:45:  Designing Moblin-Netbook. A free desktop on a
                7-10" Screen
                Nick Richards

14:00 - 14:45:  Hildon desktop in Maemo 5
                Kimmo Hämäläinen

15:00 - 15:45:  MAFW: the Media Application Framework for Maemo
                Iago Toral

16:00 - 16:45:  Why is it easier to re-invent rather than participate on
                the mobile?
                Shreyas Srinivasan

17:00 - 17:45:  ContextKit, A New Kit on the Block
                Marius Vollmer

18:00 - 19:00:  GNOME Mobile BOF

Thursday July 9th (GUADEC): BOFs & workshops:
http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/272

15:00 - 17:00:  Integrating streamanalyzer with tracker BoF (1 hour)
                Ontology BoF (1 hour)
                Rob Taylor

17:00 - 19:00: Hands on the new Hildon Tutorial
                Iván Gómez and Joaquim Rocha

                Audio on the Free Desktop BoF
                Lennart Poettering

                Application developers' aid to RDF and SPARQL BoF
                Rob Taylor

And for those still around on Friday:

Friday July 10th (GUADEC): BOFs & workshops:
http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/273

17:00 - 18:30:  GNOME and the UPnP World BoF
                Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)

Although if I were Zeeshan I would be looking to get that BOF moved to
the morning or start of the afternoon myself.
--
Dave Neary
GNOME Foundation member