Re: Initial draft of GNOME Mobile annual report article

Hi,

Luc Pionchon wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 20:50 +0100, ext Dave Neary wrote:
> "Successes in mobile: Hildon moving upstream"
>
> I cannot understand what this means. As far as I know, Hildon did not
> make any progress on the GNOME side since early 2008 (Feb~). I would
> remove the statement.

The bullet list at the top was simply an idea dump - that line came from
a slide in a Nokia presentation at LinuxTag, I believe. When you dig
into it, indeed, you see that Hildon got wider adoption through moblin
this year, and also we've seen GTK+ releases with a lot of Hildon work
included. As you say, we're lagging about a year behind the work done,
thoughh.

> About "performance fixes" at Nokia, you certainly want to credit Xan
> Lopez.

I would be interested in crediting by name all exceptional
contributions. Stormy pointed out that I did not mention anyone in
OpenedHand, moblin or Ubuntu by name, and I also didn't mention Xan. In
fact, I didn't know he worked for Nokia - when he commits to GTK+, he
uses xan gnome org

Looking through the ChangeLog, I see surprisingly few comments
mentioning "performance" at all. Anyone know why?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary