Re: GNOME Mobile 2009: what do you want to see?

Hey hey!

Stormy Peters wrote:
> Your name:
Dave Neary

> How long you've been hanging out here:
I started paying close attention to GNOME Mobile after seeing everyone
at the first meeting in GUADEC in Spain, and got more heavily involved
at the start of last year organising the GNOME Mobile day at the
collaboration summit in Austin.

> Why you are interested in GNOME Mobile:

Because it seems like a huge opportunity for GNOME, for companies
building products on GNOME, and for me personally.

> How you plan to use GNOME Mobile:
Not really relevant to me...

> What you plan to contribute:
I plan to write a book on GNOME Mobile development this year, and I want
you all to buy several copies. I plan on launching a GNOME programming
training course over the next couple of months, and I expect you all to
avail of it :) And I will hopefully be co-ordinating some GNOME Mobile
related activities with Paul and Stormy at GUADEC, the Collaboration
Summit, and perhaps Plumbers?

> What'd you like to see from GNOME Mobile:
I would like to see the forum become a place where the developers of
various projects feel like they have to be signed up, because if they
weren't they might miss something important. I want to see us as a group
(and particularly people working in companies building products on top
of the platform) proactively setting a mobile agenda for GNOME.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary