Technologies for Consideration: Java ME ~ What's the deal?

Hello,

I've only been reading this list for a few months so my apologies in advance if these questions have been asked recently (Google couldn't find anything): What does it mean that Java ME is a technology for consideration for Gnome Mobile? Since the line links to a J2ME site, do I assume this is what is desired? What about Java gtk+ bindings and D-Bus? Are there active efforts? What constraints would be placed on potential contributions? (JVM provider, class libraries, classpath exception clause, etc.)

thx!
ken