Re: Goal for GNOME Mobile?

Hi,

Ben Leslie wrote:
> On Wed Nov 19, 2008 at 15:41:30 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
>> In the corporate world, this typically happens by setting up a
>> non-profit or university research department where everyone is a member
>> or benefactor and pays a lot of money every year, and that body then
>> hires the people to do the work. That doesn't map easily onto our
>> problem space of distributed community development, but perhaps we need
>> to think of some way to structure investment in the GNOME platform that
>> does make sense to our community?
>
> I guess finding out the way to do that is the difficult thing. To me
> it appears that the house-building companies are contributing directly
> by providing patches/project towards GNOME mobile, rather than a
> direct monetary investment.

Rather than helping make better cement, though, they're each making
their own. And a similar (but not identical) process is also being used
to make cement that is being used for completely different applications.

I think the analogy has served its purpose & now deserves an early
death... reminds me of that scene with the doves and the bear in Primary
Colours.

Cheers,
Dave.

--