Re: Goal for GNOME Mobile?

Sorry for replying late but I think it's a very interesting question.

Currently, from my experience, I see that Gnome Mobile is lacking something very important : a product !

I mean something we can call "Gnome Mobile", with a webpage that shows you an explanation and some screenshots. And, the most important of all, a page called "Get Started".

On this page, there will be a set of instruction that you can follow blindly. It will explains you how to download the whole platform, write your first hello world and then run it in a simulator or whatever.

This is really needed. I realize that, currently, the only way to really take advantage of Gnome Mobile is to hire a Gnome Hacker. There's no incentive that makes you "wanting to develop with Gnome Mobile". There are currently no way to convince managers that it can be useful. Even for experienced programmers, there's currently no clear definition of what Gnome Mobile is and how to use it.

Just let me write a Gnome Mobile Hello World ! Just explain me the process of programming for Gnome Mobile. Just let me download a Gnome Mobile tar.gz that I can build and run on a beagleboard or whatever !

I think that something like Poky is a good start (but still not perfect)

My 2 cents,

Lionel