Re: Mobile BOF at GUADEC

Dave Neary wrote:
Hi all,

It's what you've all been waiting for - the GNOME Mobile BOF at GUADEC
will be held from 10am until 12 noon on Tuesday, the 8th of July, in the
appropriately names Meeting Room.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there! I've created a page in the
wiki for the mobile BOF at http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2008/MobileBof,
where I invite you all to sign up and let me know you'll be there, to
give me an idea of how many people will be there (we can get a bigger
room if necessary). If anyone has any particular subjects that they'd
like to see discussed, that's a good place to propose them too.

This GUADEC will be one long Mobile festival, from what I can see. I've
singled out the most interesting sessions for those of us working in
embedding GNOME, and here's a quick summary of the most attractive sessions:

<snip>

Thursday the 10th:
11:00: Breaking the Silence: Making Applications Talk with Telepathy
11:00: Synchronization and the GNOME desktop
12:00: IM-up your app! (integrating IM with Telepathy)

I'd also recommend taking at look at:

12:00: Wizbit, a distributed revisioning file system (http://guadec.expectnation.com/guadec08/public/schedule/detail/87)

for a different take on the problem for those interested in synchronisation..

Thanks,
Rob

15:30: Farsight 2: Video-conferencing for the Free Desktop
17:30: "Future visions for web content in GNOME" (Webkit keynote)

Friday 11th:
11:00: GTK+: The State of the Union
11:00: GNOME and Bluetooth, part deux
15:30: GUPnP: UPnP made simple

Also recommended, the lightning talks on Friday, which will include a
presentation on OHM and tidy/clutter

Saturday 12th (tutorials):
GIO/gvfs Illustrated 2: The Implementation

Add to all that the other fantastic keynotes, and the social events. The
GUADEC planners have put together a pretty insanely good schedule.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Rob Taylor, Codethink Ltd. - http://codethink.co.uk