Re: Meeting at GUADEC?

Rob Taylor wrote:
> Dave Neary wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've started thinking about whether a meeting at GUADEC would be useful,
>> and I'm not sure. I think there's more value in ad-hoc meetings and BOFs
>> for the group now than getting a bunch of people into a room, unless
>> there is a plan for a hackfest on a particular task.
>>
>> I'm leaning towards simply having one 2 hour BOF on Tuesday afternoon,
>> rather than a full day meeting.
>>
>> What do others think?
>
> Sounds good to me, at least..

Great! I'll assume that the silence from others is compliance too.

I think we need to make some progress on the actions we came up with in
Austin to enable a productive meeting.

Ross, any status on a pre-release of the mobile release set with a Poky
image?

I will try to make some time to go around the participants & get
authorisation to list them as such on the GNOME Mobile page, but I'd
appreciate a hand moving that forward. Jeff: you mentioned interaction
between this and a board initiative. Is this still the case?

Similarly, having the architecture diagram updated would be great -
Jeff, do you want to publish the SVG, or take on the task of doing the
revisions? Quim: I saw you made a revised version of this diagram for a
presentation, what did you use?

Also, if anyone cares to offer up their stories with the GNOME Mobile
platform (as developers or consumers), I would really like to see the
"GNOME Mobile references" come about.

I imagine that a big part of what we need to figure out (and fix) is in
answer to some of the questions that I ask here:
http://blogs.gnome.org/bolsh/2008/05/29/olpc-openmoko-and-gnome-mobile/

Cheers,
Dave.

--