Re: Mojo

Hi,

ext Miko Nieminen wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 12:16 +0200, Florian Boor wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Miko Nieminen schrieb:
>>> I think that could be very interesting base for Gnome Mobile development
>>> or at least one of the development environments. Especially since it
>>> brings the power of Ubuntu (and in the future why not also full Debian)

The interesting piece in this discussion is not Mojo imo but Ubuntu
Mobile, that has done some progress lately using GNOME technologies:
http://www.ubuntu.com/products/mobile

Mojo is a research project and as such I don't think we should push it
inside the GNOME Mobile initiative. No distro is being pushed at the
moment anyway since GNOME Mobile concentrates in the development and
integration of the desktop layers, as GNOME does.

GNOME provides the desktop elements for others to integrate, and this is
 what GNOME Mobile attempts to do as well. According to this the
questions are: Is GNOME Mobile useful to Ubuntu Mobile? And for the Mojo
project?

--
Quim Gil
marketing manager, open source