Re: Mojo

Hi,

Miko Nieminen schrieb:
> I think that could be very interesting base for Gnome Mobile development
> or at least one of the development environments. Especially since it
> brings the power of Ubuntu (and in the future why not also full Debian)
> into mobile devices with better optimisation than what normal Debian
> allows (though currently they are using kind of dirty way of bringing
> those optimisations). Of course it is just ARM port, but this same
> approach allows porting to other architectures too. Check Andrew's
> presentation about the subject, it's quite good:

well, I do not see much of of benefit from this project. Its just a desktop
distribution built for ARM devices. Like you mentioned there is Debian for ARM
already and Mojo does not provide a useful environment for mobile devices... its
a desktop distribution.
Its nice to see that most of the desktop applications work on ARM as well, but
for Gnome Mobile distributions that target mobile devices such as Angstrom and
Poky are much more interesting.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15

1D78 2D4D 6C53 1CA4 5588  D07B A8E7 940C 25B7 9A76