Re: Developping for both Maemo and OpenMoko

Hi Lionel,

2008/2/4, Lionel Dricot <zeploum gmail com>:
> Hello,
>
> I want to start to develop applications for both Maemo and OpenMoko
> environment.
>
> As both are based on Gnome Mobile, it seems pretty trivial. But how can I be
> sure that my applications will be cross-platform ? What are the rules to
> follow ?

Those frameworks use the same basic technologies but are quite
different and terms of API.

What I suggest you is to separate the core functionality of your app
from the UI. IIRC, this is what the Opened Hand guys do with their
Pimlico apps (Dates, Contacts, Sync and Tasks): they create a
well-defined core and implement different UIs for each framework.

Cheers!

--lucasr