Re: Initial draft of GNOME Mobile annual report article

On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 20:50 +0100, ext Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Dave,

> I just wrote a first draft of the GNOME Mobile annual report article -
> it's available in the wiki at
> http://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/AnnualReport2008/GnomeMobile
>
> When you put it all together, it certainly has been an eventful year.
>
> I would appreciate participants here having a look, correcting any
> errors/omissions, and adding any suggestions you might have to the top.
> I'll be on vacation until January 4th, but I'm sure I'll have time to
> integrate any suggestions after the holidays.

"Successes in mobile: Hildon moving upstream"

I cannot understand what this means. As far as I know, Hildon did not
make any progress on the GNOME side since early 2008 (Feb~). I would
remove the statement.

"This year, everyone benefited from the work which was done by Tommi
Komulainen and others in the Nokia team in getting their performance
fixes, (...)"

About "performance fixes" at Nokia, you certainly want to credit Xan
Lopez.

(for accuracy, the work was mostly done during 2006-2007, I guess you
mean the benefits started to show in 2008, right?)

Cheers,
Luc