Re: A New GNOME Order

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 20:05 +0100, Esben Stien wrote:
> A system wide download daemon, in the same spirit as f.ex mldonkey
> lets every application feed a URL, torrent, etc. to the daemon and you
> can get notified when the download completes with the notification
> daemon.

This is a non-trivial example, because a URL to download a file may be
one-shot, require cookies or a specific referrer.  You can't just say
"download this url" but "download this url with these headers, this
cookie collection, this referrer and anything else relevant".  This sort
of complexity is very common when designing session wide (I hope you
didn't mean system wide!) daemons.

Ross
--
Intel Open Source Technology Centre