Re: X for gnome mobile

Hello.

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 17:17, Matthew Allum wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 17:42 +0100, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > There are some limitations in kdrive that let me personally think if
> > it makes sense to improve kdrive or switch to the standard xserver.
> >

> What kind of limitations ? The main one I know of is lack of support for
> OpenGL/GLX/DRI.

Does the xrandr extension support resize, not only rotation? From a
quick look it seems to us that only rotation is supported.

For other stuff I had to ask raster or olv if they are missing some
special stuff.

It is not that we plan to switch away from kdrive, just curious why
kdrive is still used so much. For devices with only 16 mb ram it
makes sense, of course, but going with 128 mb and same in flash in
some devices this days, it brings up the question again if a full
blown xserver would bring in some other benefits.

regards
Stefan Schmidt