Re: Question about the performance of gtk+ in neo1973 mobile phone

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 08:59 +0200, ext Koen Kooi wrote:

> falls huang schreef:
> > Hello All !
> >
> >     I received a neo1973 mobile phone last week, its Operation System is
> > linux/openmoko , CPU: s3c2410 , arm920t, 266M HZ. But I found when I
> > start an application, the speed is very slow than windows
> > mobile/symbian. Has anyone tuned the performance of GTK+ in neo1973?
> >
> > btw: openmoko is a free mobile phone operating system based on
> > gtk+/linux ---> www.openmoko.org <http://www.openmoko.org>
>
> You can make it faster (but still slow) by using gtk 2.10.12 + a cairo with surface cache
> and workqueue support (1.4.7). To make it useable you'll have to disable the pixmap-heavy
> theme it uses.

You might also consider using the sapwood theme engine which is almost
compatible with pixbuf engine:

https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/trunk/sapwood/README

--
Tommi Komulainen                            <tommi komulainen nokia com>